MRC Live & Alternative and Tubefilter announced the winners of the “2021 YouTube Streamy Awards,” which celebrated the year’s best online content and creators. With Larray as master of ceremonies, joined by his best friend Issa, the show premiered and is now available for on demand streaming exclusively on YouTube.
The show featured creators Addison Rae, Anthony Padilla, Bella Poarch, Brent Rivera, Bretman Rock, Jarvis Johnson, Jeff Wittek, Lexi Rivera, and Tinx, who made special appearances on the Streamys bus with Larray and Issa. Presenters throughout the show include: Brittany Broski, Captain Disillusion, Charli D’Amelio, Cydnee Black, DankScole, Philip DeFranco, Quenlin Blackwell, Rhett & Link, Romina Gafur, Tai Verdes, Xavier Woods, and ZHC. The night also included electrifying performances by R&B singer/songwriter Ari Lennox (“Pressure”) and Italian rock band Måneskin (“Beggin’”).
This year’s Streamy Awards had an abundance of special moments, including the return of Streamys Creator Honors, in which past Streamys winners honor creators whose work personally resonated with them. Additionally, the show featured Streamys Premieres, where creators debuted special sneak peeks of never-before-seen videos ahead of posting them to their YouTube channels. The full show and additional exclusive content are now available on the Streamys Awards YouTube channel.
- The show kicked off with 2021 Master of Ceremonies Larray FaceTiming some of his best friends including Bretman Rock, Charli D’Amelio and Bella Poarch for advice on hosting.
- As part of the inaugural Streamy Premieres, creators including Dixie D’Amelio, Lexi Rivera, RDCWorld, Safiya Nygaard, and ZHC utilized the Streamys as a springboard to debut sneak peeks of all-new videos which were posted to their YouTube channels following the Streamy Awards premiere.
- This year marked the return of Creator Honors, in which past Streamys winners present unique tributes to creators whose work resonated with them. LaurDIY honored her friend Remi Cruz for the work ethic and TLC she puts into her content production, Mark Rober honored the “Mister Rogers of Engineering YouTube” Jeremy Fielding, Streamy Winner Bailey Sarian honored Vlogger-Commentator Swoop through a Scavenger Hunt and Author-Podcaster Jay Shetty honored Amelie Zilber for using her platform to have impactful conversations about bullying, universal healthcare, gun violence, and body image.
- Addison Rae visited the Streamys bus to catch up with Larray and Issa, where she was surprised with her first-ever award, winning in the Lifestyle category.
- Markiplier teased his upcoming YouTube Originals interactive special “In Space with Markiplier.”
- TikTok’s big sister Tinx doled out dating advice to Master of Ceremonies Larray and his best friend Issa, reminding them that “you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince.”
- Indie Series nominee Anthony Padilla brought his nominated series “I spent a day with” to the Streamys and got all the juicy dirt from Larray’s grandmother.
- Bretman Rock made a stunning appearance on the Streamys bus dressed to impress and received the Streamy Award for Show of the Year.
- The top award of the night – Creator of the Year – went to MrBeast, who won for the second year in a row. MrBeast and #TeamSeas were also highlighted in a special moment during the ceremony to showcase the incredible work the YouTube community has been doing to remove trash from bodies of water around the world.
- 2020’s Breakout Creator Charli D’Amelio presented the award in this category to 2021 winner and internet sensation Bella Poarch.
- Captain Disillusion presented the nominees in the Comedy category, with Streamys founder Drew Baldwin surprising winner Leenda Dong on a video call.
- Jeff Wittek jumped on the Streamys bus for a special haircut appointment with Master of Ceremonies Larray, only to find out he won a Streamy Award in the Documentary category.
- In a sentimental moment, Bailey Sarian was surprised by her fiance Fernando with her Streamy Award for Beauty, and a special winner mural designed by him, at the very spot where they went on their first date!
Swoop from Bailey Sarian
Amelie Zilber from Jay Shetty
Remi Cruz from LaurDIY
Jeremy Fielding from Mark RoberOVERALL AWARDS
Creator of the Year: MrBeast
Show of the Year: 30 Days With: Bretman Rock • Bretman Rock
International: Mythpat (India)
Short Form: the cheeky boyos
Breakout Creator: Bella Poarch
Collaboration: Markiplier and CrankGameplays – Unus Annus
Crossover: Will Smith
First Person: Yes Theory
Indie Series: Chicken Shop Date • Amelia Dimoldenberg
Live Show: Verzuz
Podcast: Dark History
Scripted Series: Could You Survive The Movies? • Vsauce3
Unscripted Series: 30 Days with Bretman Rock • Bretman Rock
Beauty: Bailey Sarian
Commentary: Drew Gooden
Documentary: DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME • Jeff Wittek
Fashion and Style: Wisdom Kaye
Food: Nick DiGiovanni
Health and Wellness: Doctor Mike
Kids and Family: The LaBrant Fam
Learning and Education: Veritasium
Lifestyle: Addison Rae
News: Channel 5 with Andrew Callaghan
Science and Engineering: Mark Rober
Cinematography: Jonna Jinton – Jonna Jinton
Editing: Cooking with Lynja – Lynn Davis
Visual and Special Effects: Zach King – Zach King
Writing: The Game Theorists – Matthew Patrick, Justin Kuiper
SOCIAL GOOD AWARDS
Company or Brand
Activision – Call of Duty Endowment
P&G – Vital Voices • NowThis NEXT
State Farm – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital • The Game Theorists
Emmanuel Acho – Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man
Jay Shetty and Radhi Devlukia-Shetty – Help India Breathe
Shirley Raines – Beauty2TheStreetz
Nonprofit or NGO
Food Pantry – Beast Philanthropy
Invisible People – Invisible Stories
NEXT for AUTISM – Color the Spectrum LIVE • Mark Rober and Jimmy Kimmel
Brand of the Year: Target
Agency of the Year: Portal A
Brand as Creator: SpongeBob SquarePants
Brand Engagement: Fortnite – 100 Thieves Cash App Compound Fortnite Activation
Branded Series: Let’s Target Season 3 – Target
Branded Video: Building a Laser Baby – Amazon Prime Video • Michael Reeves
Creator Product: Happy Dad Hard Seltzer – NELK
Influencer Campaign: Tide Super Bowl 2021: It’s Dirtier Than It Looks – Tide
Social Impact Campaign: Leftovers Roulette – Kroger Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation • The Try Guys