For the recent MET Gala return, celebrity hairstylist Mideyah Parker styled international runway model, Precious Lee for this year’s celebration. Playing on the theme of Americana, the stylist confirms that there is nothing more quintessential to Black Beauty than the Snatched Ponytail. This was the best compliment to Precious’s AREA look.
MIDEYAH SHOWS US HOW IT’S DONE!
- First, Mideyah cleansed and blow dried Precious’s hair completely straight.
- Parting at each ear, Mideyah created a cornrow braid on each side of Precious’s head.
- Next from the nape of her neck, she created 1 jumbo cornrow braid with zigzag parting to compliment the design of Precious’ look.
- Now for the SNATCH! Mideyah gathered all the loose hair in an ultra-high ponytail.
- She then added 5 bundles of True Indian Hair Kinky Blowout Straight texture in 28 inches to Precious’ natural hair for tons of texture and length.
- Next, she wrapped the braids around the base of the ponytail.
- For added drama, Mideyah (safely!) glued over 100 Swarovski crystals to Precious’s hair.
- For the perfect Snatched Ponytail, we finished the look with laid baby hair.