At the 93rd Oscars, Oscar award-winning Regina King opened the show with effortless style and grace. Celebrity Hairstylist and Flawless by Gabrielle Union co-founder, Larry Sims gave her a classic bob look to complement her gorgeous custom Louis Vuitton gown.
“For Regina’s look, the lines and shoulder detail inspired the look. We wanted to go with something sleek, modern & clean that wouldn’t compete with the structure and craftsmanship or the dress, says Larry Sims. We also wanted to show off Regina’s beautiful neckline.”
Here is the step-by-step to recreate her classic look.
- Larry started off by brushing Regina’s scalp with the Tangle Teezer Scalp Exfoliator & Massager. He says it feels AMAZING!!!
- He then applied a small amount of Flawless By Gabrielle Union Detangling Leave In Conditioner, Shine Enhancing Heat Protectant Spray, & Blow Dry Cream to her damp hair.
- Larry detangled Regina’s hair by using the Tangle Teezer Ultimate Detangler Hair Brush.
- From there, he blew Regina’s hair out to a smooth finish with establishing a middle part.
- After blow drying, he flat ironed Regina’s hair to a smooth but textured finish.
- Once flat ironed, he precision cut her hair into a Blunt Bob to compliment the exaggerated shoulders on her Louis Vuitton Gown.
- Larry finished off Regina’s look by passing through her freshly chopped Bob once with a flat iron.
- Lastly, Larry finished Regina’s hair line with Flawless By Gabrielle Union Edge Control and tucked behind her left ear. He then smoothed any fly always with the Flawless By Gabrielle Union Restoring Exotic Oil Treatment
WATCH REGINA KING AND HER HAIR MOVE HERE: