iHeartMedia celebrated the holiday season across the nation with its annual iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Presented by Capital One – the season’s most anticipated holiday music event – with performances from the biggest names in music today, including Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Dua Lipa, Harry Styles, Lewis Capaldi, Sam Smith, Shawn Mendes and The Weeknd, plus special guest appearances from BTS, Lil Nas X and Mariah Carey on December 10, 2020. This year’s virtual event invited music fans into the homes of today’s top artists to share their personal holiday traditions and perform their biggest hits along with never-before-heard covers of iconic holiday songs. The star-studded event broadcasted across more than 95 iHeartMedia CHR radio stations nationwide and on the iHeartRadio App, and streamed on The CW App and CWTV.com.
In addition, The CW Network will broadcast the 2020 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball event as an exclusive nationwide television special on Monday, December 14, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST.
The music of the iHeartRadio app came to life with an extraordinary lineup and these special moments:
- iHeartRadio’s Ryan Seacrest and Elvis Duran welcomed fans at home to the 2020 iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Presented by Capital One, while sitting next to a warm fireplace in a holiday adorned room.
- Doja Cat opened the show in an all-white ensemble to perform a sultry rendition of “Santa Baby,” as well as her hits “Juicy” and “Say So.”
- Shawn Mendes began his set with a performance of his latest hit, “Wonder,” while playing his piano next to a Christmas tree. He continued to play songs from his new album for one of the very first times, including “Dream.” He also graced fans with a cover of “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You.”
- Lil Nas X made a special appearance to discuss his love for the holiday.
- Sam Smith, who was introduced by Shawn Mendes, performed hit new song “Diamonds” in a festively lit room. They continued with the hope that fans are “gearing up for this Christmas as well as you can be. It’s going to be a weird Christmas for everyone, I still believe that the Christmas love and Christmas joy is still there,” before performing their favorite holiday song, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.” They closed their set with a performance of “Dancing With a Stranger.”
- Dua Lipa performed her stripped-down set in front of a festive disco ball. She started with a compelling rendition of “Levitating,” followed by her massive hit “Don’t Start Now.” She closed her performance with the Capital One Holiday Jam, singing a cover of John Lennon’s “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” with fans virtually.
- Mariah Carey stopped by to wish fans a happy Jingle Ball and Merry Christmas.
- Harry Styles performed his set alongside The Free Nationals bandmembers, from a sunny backyard. He opened with “Adore You,” after which he took a moment to remind fans to stay safe this holiday season and to keep making the best of a tough year. He followed up with “Golden,” and closed with one of this summer’s biggest hits, “Watermelon Sugar.”
- BTS surprised fans to wish everyone a happy holiday and sang a snippet of “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.”
- Lewis Capaldi, dressed in a Santa suit, brought Santa’s Grotto to life with an emotional cover of Wham!’s “Last Christmas,” followed by fan-favorites “Someone You Loved” and “Before You Go.” The Scottish singer ended his set by thanking fans for watching and wishing everyone a happy holiday while strumming a guitar.
- Billie Eilish opened her set with a beautiful rendition of “My Future” with her brother Finneas playing piano and providing backup vocals. She followed with her most recent single, “Therefore I am,” and then took a pause to unwrap Christmas gifts for her dog, Shark. She finished her performance with a cover of holiday favorite “Silver Bells.”
- The Weeknd brought his electrifying music to life with an energetic performance of smash hit “Blinding Lights.” Performing from a living room decked out in Christmas lights and lasers, he closed out the night with newest single “In Your Eyes” and an arena-worthy rendition of “Save Your Tears.”
WATCH FUN MOMENTS AND HEAR CHRISTMAS STORIES: