This pandemic has brought on challenging times, especially in the medical field, and City of Hope is facing it head-on with an end-of-the-year auction of celebrity treasures.
City of Hope, a world-renowned independent research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases, has announced the inaugural CELEBRITY SALE 4 HOPE, a virtual shopping opportunity to bid on unique collectible items and personal memorabilia donated from a wide variety of notable names from the worlds of film, TV, stage, music, sports and more.
Sale 4 Hope will begin with a VIP preview event on Tuesday, November 17, 2020, hosted by “Will & Grace” star Eric McCormack and featuring appearances by actor Craig Bierko, Grammy-winning songwriter Kuk Harrell, model/actress/philanthropist Megan Pormer, actor/country music artist John Schneider and City of Hope’s Linda Malkas, Ph.D., the M.T. & B.A. Ahmadinia Professor in Molecular Oncology.
Tickets can be purchased to attend the VIP preview event on November 17, 2020 6:30 pm PT, at CityofHope.org/sale4hope. Those attending will get the first opportunity to purchase select “BUY IT NOW” items, preview the full auction catalog, as well as vie for the chance to win a special opportunity drawing — a two-night stay at the new Fairmont Century Plaza in a Junior Suite with breakfast for two daily, and dinner for two at Xian in Beverly Hills.
The auction and sale will be open to the public on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 and continue through Thursday, November 19, with the auction closing at 8 p.m. PST.
Come visit often and bid on an amazing array of one-of-a-kind treasures — something special that will long be remembered, while also raising funds for City of Hope.
Shoppers will be able to access the virtual catalog, filled with a wide variety of donated items to raise funds for City of Hope, which is committed to the fight against cancer, diabetes and other life- threatening diseases such as COVID-19.
A few of the items that have been donated so far include the following:
- A rare original silver bullet from the gun belt of none other than the Lone Ranger, donated by the daughter of Clayton Moore. These are rare and as iconic as the mask itself. One currently sits in the Smithsonian in Washington, DC.
- Autographed boxing gloves worn in the film “Cinderella Man” by Craig Bierko’s Max Baer
- A signed Billie Eilish Fender Ukelele
- Autographed folklore CD by Taylor Swift
- Autographed team merchandise from the 2020 World Champion Lakers
- A personal experience with actor/singer John Schneider (“Dukes of Hazzard”/”Smallville”) – spend two days with Schneider and his wife at their studio in Louisiana, including one night at one of their Air BNB’s and lunch together.
- Autographed shirt off of Hugh Jackman’s back
- Personalized autographed tour book from Barry Manilow, from his residency at Paris in Las Vegas
- Autographed limited edition poster of legendary diva Diana Ross