Every curlfriend knows maintaining a headful of vibrant textured hair also requires the right tools at hand (and using the right products, of course!)
Miko Branch, CEO of Miss Jessie’s–the award-winning, national hair care brand – is sharing her top six recommended hair care tools that fellow curlies should have at home.
- Wide tooth comb. Always detangle a head full of matted knots with the right moisturizing conditioner – first with your fingers then very gently with a wide-tooth comb. Practice patience, and love on your tresses.
- Microfiber towel. Soak up the excess water from your freshly washed tresses by patting it with a microfiber towel, never rubbing your curls, and ditch the regular towel.
- Hair clips. Before applying a hydrating styling product, use sturdy hair clips to section your textured hair. Ensure product is spread evenly, and don’t go overboard with the amount of product.
- Diffuser for blow dryer. Say it with us – air dry is always the best dry. However, you could also use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer. Just make sure to set the dryer to low, and stay away from the scalp.
- Spray bottle. Refresh your crown of curls with a refillable bottle that offers a continuous fine mist of water. You won’t soak your entire head, and feel free to add a little bit of oil to glisten your gorgeous mane.
- Silk or satin pillow cases. Replace the cotton pillowcase that pulls on your hair with a silk or satin one that is much more gentle, and helps maintain your curl’s natural oils.
Editor’s Note: Miss Jessie’s hair care products are loved by Alicia Keys, Lupita Nyongo, Halle Berry, Tanika Ray, Zendaya, Viola Davis, Yara Shahidi and a host of other celebrities. And, the brand is found nationwide online and in Target, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and beauty supply stores. http://missjessies.com